Castleford Tigers have announced that assistant coach Danny Orr will be staying until at least the end of 2015, having signed a new two-year contract.
Orr, who had a year left on his current deal, took up his coaching post after retiring as a player at the end of the 2012 campaign.
And he had a brief spell as head coach earlier this year, prior to the arrival of Daryl Powell.
"I'm delighted to have signed an extension to my contract at Castleford," said Orr.
"I've had an excellent experience since I became part of the coaching staff and I'm looking forward to continuing that.
"I enjoyed the taste of being head coach but I know there is a learning period I must go through before I become one permanently.
"I'm serving my apprenticeship alongside a great coach in Daryl Powell and I'm sure that I will continue to learn even more from him."
Powell added: "Danny is a Castleford man through and through, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him over the last four months.
"He has a great knowledge of the game and is hugely respected within the club at all levels."
Castleford were 12th in the Super League table this season but chief executive Steve Gill is delighted Orr has extended his deal and is excited about the future.
"I was very impressed with the way that Danny conducted himself during the interim period earlier in the year," said Gill.
"I have no doubt that he will be a top head coach in the future and we're delighted that he wants to learn his trade at his hometown club.
"I believe that, in Daryl and Danny, we have the right men to move us forward over the coming seasons."
